Saturday, June 13, 2009

What a baby needs

So, I hear over and over again how new parents buy all this riduculous stuff for their newborn, while experienced parents say "ah, all ya need are diapers, wipes, bottles and a place for the kid to sleep". I realize this, I really do. But have you walked into Babies R Us or Target baby section? You are suddenly overcome with " my baby needs a bottle warmer or else he won't eat, we need to have this mat to have him excersice, we need to have 3 strollers and 2 car sets, and shades to block the light, and this and that." "Safety first, nothing is too good for my son" " If I get this, he'll grow up to be a well adjusted successful adult". Crazy thoughts I know, but no matter how hard I try and just get what is needed when we head out on our big shopping trip today, I know we'll be coming home with all sorts of stuff he'll never use or care about.
But hey, at least I can feel that I did everything I could to prepare him for life after college.

No comments:

Post a Comment